CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 22, 2009

Thread of Hope, Inc.

This morning the youth group did the morning service. All of it. They were the ushers, they were the opening music team, they were the worship team, they did the announcements, one of them did the opening prayer, the youth pastor did the sermon. It was a great experience for them, and we all enjoyed it!!! One of the things they did was talk about a project called Threads of Hope, Inc.(you can click on that link to go to their website...) The bracelets are made in third world countries in which parents sell their children into slavery or prostitution just to make enough money to pay for food and necessities for their other children. I had walked by the table before the service, thinking it was just something the youth group was doing, but after the service I went and looked again. Our small group is doing the study "Believing God" by Beth Moore. One of the first things she had us do in the study was tie a blue "cord" to our wrist.

This is why...

In Beth Moore's Believing God Bible study, what is the signifigance of the blue bracelet and tying it on your hand?

Answer

The reference for the cord (bracelet) being blue comes from Numbers 15:38-39. Speak to the Israelites and tell them that throughout their generations they are to make tassels for the corners of their garments, and put a blue cord on the tassel at each corner. These will serve as tassels for you to look at, so that you may remember all the LORD's commands and obey them and not become unfaithful by following your own heart and your own eyes.

Beth says to take the blue cord (bracelet) and tie it on your right hand and write "I am the Lord's". This verse is taken from Isaiah 44:5.


Anyways, I had lost my original "bracelet" that we had gotten and was looking for anything that would work. After the service I looked over the table and found this...
I picked it up and put it on. Paid for it and walked away. Then I got to thinking... "the girls would love these, maybe Wyatte too..." So I went back and picked these up...
Wyatte has the blue one on, Nevaeh's arm is in the front with the pink and purple one, and Aubrie is in the middle with the pink one. I put Nevaeh's on first and told her it is her special "Mommy and Daddy Love You" bracelet. Then Wyatte asked if he was going to get one, so I put his on and told him the same thing. He thought he was pretty cool! Aubrie didn't like hers at first but I don't think she really sees it. I think her little wrist is the cutest with the bracelet on.

Just had to share that with you and hope you can look at the Threads of Hope, Inc website and be touched like I was.

0 comments: