CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 5, 2008

Acts of Service

So I have been reading "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. John and I had received it as a gift from my father a few years ago, but in total rebellion I never read it. Well, considering what is going on in my marriage lately, or the lack thereof, I decided that maybe father does know best. I found the book in my brother's room (I know, snooper, but hey it was in the window and you could see it from outside!) and I took it out the the camper to read it. At first it didn't really seem like there was going to be anything in there for me. Until I got to the "Acts of Service" language. That is totally my "love language." I always complain that he doesn't do anything around the house for me, and when he does it is only because I nag, and nag, and nag, and you get the idea. I am still trying to figure out just what John is, but I know what I am. Now if I can only get him to see it too. I don't think I will ever get him to read this book, unless someone out there has any ideas as to how to do that...

Anyways that opened my eyes to a few other things, but we will keep them to my self tonight. At least now I understand why I am so mad at him all the time. My "love" tank is on empty because he doesn't really know that is what it means to love me. I just need to work on him being more "loving" in my language.

I have also been looking at a few website about the birth control that I am using now. It is called Mirena and is good for up to five years, with a small amount of side effects. So my original searching showed. Now that I have had it in for a few months, I am starting to wonder more about it. I have been severely moody the last couple of months and with the move and having three kids under four and everything else that has been going on, I just decided that it was because of that. Nothing to really worry about. Well, because of something else I started looking at some websites that have forums about Mirena. They are places that you can make comments and other veiwers add their comments and stuff. Kinda like an on going conversation between tons and tons of web site users. A couple of them that I have came across have said things like they were having panic attacks, felt almost bi-polar, had some serious health side effects, and tons of other scary side effects (that there aren't supposed to be.) So now I am a little nervous about keeping this on because I don't have time to deal with all of that stuff or even some of it, if my body is indeed reacting to this new birth control. So keep me in your prayers as I continue to research this.

0 comments: