CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 3, 2009

Our chickens!!!

Wyatte and Nevaeh were super excited that we brought them home!

All set up in the box in the basement. We got six laying hens. The paper said they will lay colored eggs: green, blue/grey and shades of brown. I wanted to get a duck too, but that might have to wait! Wyatte says we need a farm for our chickens now! We will see how we do with these six and maybe add more next year, or a little later this year???
This was Wyatte's happy face that he gave us when asked what he thought of having the chicks at home!
Each one is a little different, so should be easy to keep an eye on each one. Wyatte wants to call them all chickie, so I don't know if they will get names or not!
So cute and tiny!!!

1 comments:

Mindy said...

What exactly do you do with little chickens? I mean, are they your pets or dinner? I hope that doesn't sound bad. I just want to know.