CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 8, 2008

thoughts and prayers

Tonight is the visitation for Gretta. Not sure what to think still. We talked about it in Sunday School yesterday, but still confused and hurting. Why her?

I just got done reading a book by Karen Kingbury, called Waiting for Morning, I think that was it, I will have to look to see for sure. Anyways it was about a woman whose husband and daughter were killed by a drunk driver and her road to recovery from that. She got very angry and turned her back on God, then got involved in MADD (mothers against drunk driving) and between her mentor/friend there and her attorney she turned her heart back to God and in the end was able to forgive the man who drove his car into her loved ones. The mentor at MADD kept asking her to read Lamentations. And I have to admit I kinda skipped over the passages when they were in the book, but I did go back to that book of the Bible after I heard about the loss of Gretta, and I did read the whole thing. There were a few passages that didn't seem to make sense in this light, but over all the Book really spoke to me. I would recommend reading this, it did help me. I wish I could find the book and/or my Bible to see which ones they were exactly, but I think my mom must have "borrowed" the book back from me (it was her library book, but I needed something to help me fall asleep...) and my Bible got left a church again. Whoops. I will try to update this post with the passages when I get a chance.

Tomorrow is our first MUMS meeting. I was really excited about starting up again, but now I don't know where to go, or what to do with my self. I will still be there, but with a heavy heart. Maybe the first study will be on grief or something that will help us through this time as a group and as individuals. It will be a time of fellowship if nothing else. Us women need that especially now. MUMS is going to be cut short because Gretta's funeral is tomorrow early afternoon. God will get us through that as well.

On a totally different note, I found out this weekend that my father is getting remarried. I will let it go at that for now.

0 comments: