CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 22, 2008

Whoops...(Severe "Not me" post...)

I did not "fall asleep" in the van and crash into many small trees and do this much damage to the front of the only vehicle that we have that will hold all the members of my family at one time. Not me, I would never let myself drive while that tired. (I was on my way home from my paper route, and thought I would be fine.)



So I was on my way home from the paper route. I could tell I was tired and was going to try to take a quick power nap when I got home, but this happened first. I didn't think I was sleeping, but John and I decided after he got there to get me that I must have at least had my eyes shut... I ended up in the ditch about 2 miles from my mom's house. On Ingebo Road, right before Loon Drive for those of you that know the area... One small tree in front of the left tire (see rounded dent in above pic) and one tree in front of the right tire (see matching rounded dent in other pics) I think the bumper came off when John and his dad pulled the van out. Thankfully it still runs. The headlights still work!!! The only thing that we think is broken is the hose for the washer fluid. The oil pan and filter and everything were saved by the many small trees holding the bumper slightly above the ground. The drivers door is smashed a little bit, and hard to open and shut. All the windows still are fine, no cracks or anything. There is a scratch down the drivers side of the van on the doors and the side, but that is it.

THANK THE LORD WE ARE OK. John says the van runs fine, he did take it today and left me with the Jeep just in case. We are also going to switch the van for the tracker for a couple days til John can look at the van better. Someone must have been praying for me this morning.


(This is part of the "Not Me! Monday" Carnival started by the original "I did not" post! You can see MckMama's "Not Me! Monday" post here.)

5 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Hey I just popped over from MckMama's blog...I am sooooo glad you are ok! How scary...

erin said...

oh my goodness sharalee.... i'm so glad you were ok. how scary! hope you can get the van fixed soon, and glad there wasn't more damage!

Mindy said...

Yikes! Good to hear that you and your family are OK and that your vehicle even runs.

A day in the Life... said...

Glad you are ok!

Jen D said...

Wow-what a story-glad to know that you are ok!