CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 5, 2008

Raining Food

So it is raining yet again. Not sure when it is going to stop, but it is coming down pretty good. Hopefully it will be just rain and not the tornadoes that are a little farther south. I can't sleep even though I am sooo very tired. The rain is soothing, but the thunder that is shaking my windows, and the lightning that is sooo bright makes me nervous.

Tonight I made a for supper I tried a recipe that I have had in the past, and tried making for us one other time. John didn't like it last time said it was too sweet, so this time I used a little less sugar, and little more meat. The recipe calls for 2 pound of pork loin, but I think I used a little more than 3. We had it at my cousin Natalie's bridal shower and it smelled wonderful so I asked what was on it. It sounded really weird to me, and if I would have read the recipe with out tasting it I would have looked it over because of the combo of spices! I guess I don't venture out of my comfort zone much, but this is wonderful. If you are interested in knowing what goes in it let me know. John really liked it this time so I think I will try it again!!!

I also made some bars for my brothers grad party this coming up weekend. And they turned out pretty good too. John said the first bite doesn't make you want more, but the longer you chew the better it gets! The bottom is a german choco cake mix mixed with sweetened condensed milk, butter and nuts. Then a layer of choco chips and then melted caramel sauce then more of the cake mix. I think they are pretty good! I am going to try a couple more recipes tomorrow and will let you know how they turn out!!!

John's sister flew into the Cities tonight! We are looking forward to spending some time with her. We did talk about going to Goosebury Falls for a night or so, but with the rain not sure if that is going to happen or not. I guess if you see pics of the Falls then we went!!! I got a couple pics of Phil and the kids, and will try to get them up soon.

The thunder and lightning stopped so I am going to try to go to sleep while I can.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Id like to try your pork loin recipe! I hope the graduation party goes well...we wont be making it up on Sunday. Harry left for Camp Ripley Thursday and wont get back until Sunday (which is also my birthday) and then he leaves again for a week so Myla and I are hoping to spend a little quality time with him that afternoon/evening before he leaves again! its hard having him gone! Myla stands at the window and says "Da Da ? daddy! " its cute but she doesnt understand where he is. Military life can be a challenge but Im proud of all his hard work! we hope to see everyone on the 4th!!!