CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 26, 2008

This is what I get for cleaning...

So this morning I cleaned the living room. I mean really cleaned. I pulled all the chairs out the middle of the floor and vacuumed under them, I rearranged the toys, organized the books. The whole kit and kaboodle.

The kids did a pretty good job of keeping it clean for the morning. Granted there were a few toys out every once in a while, but for the most part it stayed clean.

I am also on my fourth or fifth load of laundry.

This is the rest of the story.....

I was in the bathroom folding the load of towels that were done drying. I could hear the kids in the living room. I had laid out a blanket on the floor and they were eating "cheese tacos" (cheese inside to tortilla shells then cooking in the microwave) and talking about the show that was on TV. I thought to my self "they are being really good, I think I might let them stay up a little before I lay them down for a nap. I then moved the clothes from the washing machine to the dryer and started the water in the washing machine for the next load. I walk out the living room/dining room/computer room to get the towels from when we went swimming last night and this is what I see...

For those of you that don't recognize this, that is what used to fill up a WHOLE jar of Lawry's Season Salt. Yes my wonderful kids decided to color mom's chair and floor orange. Nevaeh got in trouble first because she was the one holding the jar when I found them. Wyatte got in trouble next because he was there, and then he got in trouble again for lying to me about who did it. He told me that it was all Nevaeh, ok easy enough to believe because she is a bit of a trouble maker. Then I looked at his hands as he was walking past me, and they are more orange than the chair and the floor. Now they are both in bed.


So for those of you that read this and laugh at the escapades of my two kids, I am posing this proposition to you. PLEASE COME GET THEM FOR A WHILE!!!!!

0 comments: