May 19, 2008

Back online!

John getting his turn on the slide!
Nevaeh went down a slide and got her pants all wet! This is her 1st time climbing up the ladder and I think that she actually made it all the way to the top!
Aubrie's first swing ride! Mommy didn't last very long, because even thinking of swinging makes her dizzy! Thanks Amy for the wrap we love it!
Wyatte and Cousin Noah at the campground with Grandma Linda and Grandpa Tuffy!
Playing at the playground in the campground!

I finally got my computer back on line! So here is a really long update of what has been going on in our lives since Mother's Day which was my last blog!!!

Ok, so my computer is not working again… I am not totally sure what is wrong with it this time. It won’t connect to the wireless signal that we have been getting our internet from, so… I am calling today to see if we can just get a wired connection to our apartment. So this post is being written in Word, and will be pasted into my blog, just so that I remember what is going on in my life!

So, let’s see… Monday was the last day of the library storytelling group that we have been going to. So that was sad, the kids are just starting to sit still long enough to enjoy it, and so now that we have to wait until the fall for it to start again… We are going to have to start all over, but I guess they will all be a little older, so that should make it a little easier right?!?!? The children’s librarian is also retiring after being there since 1956, so we had cake and made cards for her. She has been there as long as I can remember; even my dad said that she has been there as long as he can remember!!! So that is going to take some time to get used to, a new face at the children’s desk.

Tuesday was MUMS. Another great topic and discussion after. I left Aubrie in the nursery for the first time. I think that was the longest time since she was born that she hasn’t been in the same room as me! She lasted over an hour, but then was sooooo mad at me for leaving her that she was crying so hard that she couldn’t eat. So I ended up with breast milk dripping all over my shirt and by the time she settled down enough to eat, I was soaked!!! So that wasn’t fun, but at least we survived. The church that we go to has pagers that they give to the parents to let them know if their child/ren need them, and we have never had ours go off, until Tuesday! I started leaking and about 2 seconds later the pager went off. I went to the nursery and she was hungry! I have heard of this happening before but never experienced it myself… I can tell when she is hungry if we are in the same room, because I start leaking, but this time she was in a totally different room with two solid wood doors between us!!!

I also had my postpartum appt. on Tuesday. Everything is good so far!

Wednesday included packing Wyatte for a camping trip with Grandma Linda, Grandpa Tuffy and Cousin Noah! So it is just the girls during the day until Friday! He was so excited about going that he was up early and wanted to get dressed and on the road! They all went last year and had a blast, so they went again this year. Linda and Lavern just bought a new camper and this is the first trip with it!

John came home from work Thursday night and took a bath and then decided that he wanted to go up and go walleye fishing, so we packed the girls up and we headed to the campground so he could go fishing. Nevaeh played with Wyatte and Noah, and Aubrie and I sat around the fire with Grandpa and Grandma. John didn’t catch anything, our landlord/neighbor was up there as well and he caught one. John brought it home to clean it but there ended up being a very gross worm in it that John saw when he was starting to clean it so it ended up in the garbage. Gave both of us the willies……

Today is Thursday, and the girls and I are going to head off to a few garage sales! I did really good last week, so let’s see how we do this week!!!

Garage sales didn’t go as good as I hoped, but still a few things. I got Wyatte a lot of play clothes. Nice shirts and pants that only had a couple of small stains on them for $.10 so not too bad. Nothing else really. I don’t remember doing anything else that day, so even if we did do something it wasn’t very exciting!!!

Friday morning started a little later than usual because Nevaeh slept until 7!!! Yeah for me! We then got ready and headed over to the Barton’s for a little play date for Nevaeh and Aubrie and a little “mom” time for me! I have talked about the Barton family on here before, Heidi and Chris are the parents (they both went to school with John and we now go to church with them for those of you that don’t know) and they have twin boys, Sam and Seth, which turned two earlier in the year. They are also expecting a little girl in July. Both of my kids love to play with them, but since Wyatte was camping it was all Nevaeh that day! They play together quite well, and I enjoyed some time to visit with Heidi. She had bought some fabric to make me another baby wrap, and it was done, so she gave that to me. I brought along the book that has all the ways to wrap with and she made a copy so she can use the wrap that she made for her! Chris is going to take pictures of my kids sometime this spring and so we looked at some of the pics that he has taken in the past so that I had some idea of what he could do! It was a fun morning, time just flew by!

The weather was really weird today. It started sunny, but then would rain for like 10 minutes and then be sunny again and then rain and be really windy and this went on all day. Was really hard to get anything done outside!

That afternoon, Aubrie had her two month checkup. She is now 11 pounds 11 ounces and 22 ½ inches long. She is in the 50th percentile for everything pretty much. We just moved up in diaper size, so at least she is growing right! I know both Wyatte and Nevaeh were in size 1 diapers long before Aubrie, but… She also got her first set of shots. She hated them, which is no surprise! But I did have to give her some Tylenol to get her to calm down later.

That night the young marrieds group had a game night! It was a game that I have never heard of, but ended up being fun. We rotated a lot, so you got a chance to visit with everyone that was there! It was fun!!

Saturday was a pretty boring day if I remember right. We did have a pretty bad storm that night. Hail, rain, wind, power out for a few hours… We ended up going into town for supper because we didn’t even have anything in the house that we could eat cold, so A & W it was.

Sunday the kids and I headed into Sunday School by ourselves because John wasn’t feeling well. We made it in time! I told John to stay home from church if he still wasn’t feeling good, but he showed up, late but he did come. Then to McDonald’s like we do every Sunday so that the kids can lay down for a nap right away when we get home. And then off to home and a nap. John too! Then John went fishing again. I think he has only been home two nights since opener. The kids and I went to my mom's to see her, and help her with getting ready for Paul's grad party. We didn't get much done because Kirk called and needed a ride somewhere and I needed groceries, Mom decided to come to the store with me! It took a really long time in Walmart. Oh, did I forget to tell you?!?!? We have a superwalmart in town now! It still takes me a while to find stuff which is why it took almost 2 hours!

Today is Monday and the week starts all over again. Tomorrow is a MUMS play day, so off to McDonalds again!