CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 21, 2008

Beautiful Day!

So today was absolutely gorgeous! The kids and I headed into town early this AM to get me some summer shoes, really just some cheap flip flops and imitation crocs. I also got Nevaeh a pair of really cute "crocs" and Wyatte a pair that look like sandals. We then came home and played in the yard for a little bit, and then off to bed. A friend called me while we were outside to see if I wanted to go for a walk with her when the kids woke up. So they woke up about 1:30 and we headed into town. She ended up having a couple of errands to run, so we bummed around town waiting for her to get home. I saw a bunch of black smoke pouring into the sky from a few blocks away from us, and so like the other 8000 people in GR today had to try to get close enough to see what was going on... Someone's garage burned up, not down, some of it is standing up still. Then it was off to Beth's to get ready for our walk. It was a nice walk, very warm, and the kids were pretty bad, but the walk felt great. I think it was about 2 1/2 miles all together, took about 45 min. with all the stops that we had to make for me to yell at my kids for littering, or dumping juice on the other one and all the other stuff that kids do when they are in close quarters. Then home to get supper ready for John, the kids a bath, and then too bed for them. John and I sat on the couch for a while, and then I decided to go for another walk. I walked from our house to John's parents and back, about 2 miles, maybe a little more, and I did it in under 40 min. So yeah for me. usually it takes me that amount of time just to get there with the wagon. Amazing how much slower I walk with it. I also had my mp3 player in and got to listen to praise and worship music the whole time. It was awesome! I can't wait to do it tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: