CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 1, 2008

Just another day in the life of...

Today, again, was a rough day for us. I have been having problems with my eyes and then end up with a headache almost like a migraine that doesn't go away, and my wonderful 3 year loves to make train "choo-choo" noises as loud as he can, his favorite movie right now is also Tarzan, during which and after he loves to imitate Tarzan's yell, along with Tantor's elephant noises. So I have a hard time keeping him quiet, and since it isn't quite nice enough to be outside with the rain on and off, we are again cooped up inside and loud noises, a migraine, and 3 loud kids don't really mix well.

Back to my eyes... A few times in the last month or so, I have been having problems with them. When I look out, off to the left side it looks like I am looking through one of those kleidescope toys. Kinda like everything is in wavy water, or something. And it doesn't stay in one spot. As I turn my head the spot moves, so I think in a way I am almost getting sea sick when this happens, because everytime I move my head the spot moves so it is hard to focus on anything. I haven't seen a doctor about it yet, but I think I am going to bring it up at my next appt which is on the 13th of May. So add that to your prayer request list please! Hopefully it gets better, but...

I have brought my baby carrier that Amy (my cousin for those of you that don't know) made for me to a few of the church events that we have had, and it has been very nice to have with. Between January and August, our church is going to have 10 or 11 babies added to it! A couple of the moms that have kids already were so impressed with my baby sling that they are going to make their own! We have looked at the wonderful supply (scarasm noted please) of fabric in our town, and found nothing suitable, but one of the moms is going to be in Cities this weekend, so she is going to check out a store down there and hopefully bring us some more fabric back so we can make our own! I was checking out the websites http://thebabywearers.com and http://theslingstation.com and found some neat patterns, and hints. There was also a really cute child sling, so your toddler or older child can carry around his or her favorite stuffed animal or baby doll, or truck!!! One of the moms from church has the cutest 2 yr old twin boys that I was maybe going to make them for! I think they would love them. She is having a girl, and everytime they see Aubrie they call her "baby sister" because that is what they are going to have soon! Heidi, that is her name, tried on my carrier today, and then her son Sam wanted to try to be "baby sister" in the carrier, so she put him in there and he loved it! So I think he would really enjoy being able to look like mom!

Today I again got the kids to all take a nap at the same time, and instead of messing around on the computer or doing dishes or picking up like I normally do, I laid down on the couch, and from 12:30 to 3:10, I actually got a very nice nap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So right now I am feeling better, and hopefully will be able to sleep tonight!!!

0 comments: