CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 3, 2008

Prom

I CAN'T GET THE RED EYE OUT OF MY PICS SO SORRY ABOUT THE SCARY LOOKS IN SOME OF THE PICS!!!

So tonight was Prom, and (my brother) Paul went with his long time (mostly on, sometimes off) girlfriend Krislyn. It was his last prom, as he is graduating this year. Yikes! I can't believe that I am going to have two brothers in college! It was soo dark in the arena where they did Grand March, that I had to have my camera in "night" mode, and in "night" mode you have to hold totally still to get a good picture. I finally got my hand steady enough to take a good picture, but the couples didn't really stop, so while I was steady, the pictures still turned out horrible because the couples kept moving! So I don't have any good pics of Grand March, but did get some halfway decent pics of them after.

John's neice, Mazie, is also a senior this year and was at Grand March with Aaron, and friend of hers from church. When John and I first met, Mazie was only 11 or 12 and now is is graduating, and going off to college, scary how fast the time goes by. Love you Mazie, and wish you the best of luck!

On a different note, Aubrie has gone from getting up 3 times a night, to only once!!!!!! Yeah for me! It took my body a little while to get used to, but is very nice now! I also laid her down awake tonight and she fell asleep all by herself! So, yeah for me doing things differently this time, and them actually working! I bought a "womb sounds" bear when Nevaeh was about 4 months old, but she didn't care for it at all, I think because I introduced it a little to late. With Aubrie I have been using it since day one, and while it doesn't always work to keep her asleep when I lay her down, most of the time it does! I have to admit that I do lay her on her stomach though, and I know they say not to, but she sleeps sooooo much better. I have the monitor right there, and the door open so I can her and see her when she is sleeping. I know they still say it isn't good, but... She is also starting to "talk" to us when we talk to her. She just babbles and babbles! She can hold her head up very well when you lay her on her stomach, and looks everywhere! One of my favorite things that she does is smile, actually smile when you talk to her, and look at her and laugh at her! Fun to see her hit all the milestones.

Tonight when I was getting Aubrie ready for bed, she decided to start "talking" to the pillows on my bed. This is her smiling at one of the grey pillowcases in the middle of her "story!"

We have also officially outgrown our first outfit! This is going to be the last night that Aubrie gets to wear this cute pair of pjs! These have been worn by all three of my kids, and I am sad to see it go!

0 comments: