CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 4, 2008

First time for everything

So this morning we ventured into the previously unknown to us world of Sunday School! Wyatte has gone a few times to Sunday School with Grandma Linda and Grandpa Tuffy, but we have never gone to Sunday School at Grace. He loved going in the past, and he is getting to the point that he needs some more peer interaction, and what better place to get it than at church! I asked him this morning when he got up if he wanted to go, and he got all excited and told me yes. He wanted to go and sing songs and play with all his friends! So we decided that we would try it and see how it went. We actually managed to eat breakfast (leftover cinnamon rolls and bananas), get 2 kids and 2 adults in and out of the tub/shower, 3 kids and 2 adults dressed and out the door in time to only be 2 minutes late for Sunday School!!! At church we dropped Nevaeh off in the nursery, then off to Wyatte's class room where the teacher (a close friend of mine) told me that she found some fabric for a new baby wrap for her, another mom (due any day now!) and me. She is going to sew up the edges, and then get it to me. This one is a little lighter fabric, and a cream color so John can wear it too! A few of the patterns said to use a cotton gauze, so we are going to try that and see. Then it was off to the young marrieds class. We did walk in a little late, but not to bad. Aubrie stayed with us because she won't take a bottle yet, and it is just easier to keep her with us. Anyways we get there, and she starts fussing a little bit, so I told John to take her out, and she was soaked all down the side of her body. I thought maybe I had spilled on her or something and nursed her. She got done and I put her on my shoulder to burp her and she SMELLED HORRIBLE! It seemed like she had pooped everywhere but her diaper! So off to the car for some clean clothes and then to the nursery to change her, and then back to class. All in all in wasn't bad. Considering we are usually late for church which starts at 10:15, and we showed up in time for Sunday School at 9, I was pretty impressed with ourselves! Just took a little more motivation in the morning, and not as much lolly-gagging!!! {I am not sure if that is a real word, but...!}

I registered us for a paper garden class today, but it goes from 1 - 4 and I think the kids are going to sleep the whole time. I don't know if we are going to make it or not! It would have been fun. They were going to paint flower pots, and then get to make paper with flower seeds in it, that you could plant when you got home and watch your paper turn into a flower garden! I don't know, if we don't make it to the class, maybe I can find somewhere on the internet with instructions on how to do it, and we can just have our own class at home!

We are going to get outside today though when the kids wake up IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! I can start walking again. No snow on the ground, doesn't look like rain, not real windy... We can also attempt to go to the park again. Wyatte wants to see if Sam and Seth, twins from church, want to go to the park with us this week. So Heidi, if you read this be ready for a call from us sometime this week for a park date!!!

0 comments: